For information about current incidents and warnings, visit Vic Emergency

Victorian Bushfire Appeal

Victoria’s bushfire season is far from over. The Victorian Government is committed to supporting local communities impacted by the devastating fires, including recent fires in East Gippsland and North East Victoria.

The appeal is dedicated to providing practical support as impacted Victorians begin to rebuild their lives.

How to donate

Donations to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal can be made online at Community Enterprise Foundation or at any Bendigo Bank branch.

If you are living outside Australia and would like to donate, email the Community Enterprise Foundation at:

Donate now

All donations of $2 or more are tax deductible. Donors will be provided with a tax receipt by the Community Enterprise Foundation.

The Victorian Bushfire Appeal is a management account of Community Enterprise Foundation ABN 69 694 230 518, The Bendigo Centre, PO Box 480, Bendigo VIC 3552. The Foundation will make distributions by way of grant applications, following recommendations from the Advisory Panel, to organisations endorsed as item 1 Deductible Gift Recipients (DGR).

What the Victorian Bushfire Appeal will support 

An Advisory Panel, chaired by former Victorian Deputy Premier Pat McNamara, will consider and recommend where funds are distributed.

The appeal provides a formal channel for the public to donate money directly to affected families and communities, by working directly with local communities to inform and drive the distribution of funds.

The Victorian Bushfire Appeal will be conducted by the Bendigo Bank’s charitable arm, Community Enterprise Foundation. Funds raised will be used in a range of locally identified charitable areas to provide practical relief and recovery in the fire-affected areas.

Where to get help

It is normal for a distressing or frightening event to affect you physically, mentally and emotionally. Long-running fires in your local area can be extremely stressful and can trigger emotional, physical and psychological reactions.

The Victorian Government is supporting a number of on-the-ground services available to assist families to recover from the strong emotional or physical reactions they may be experiencing.

If at any time you are worried about your mental health or the mental health of a loved one, call Lifeline on 13 11 14.

You can also contact:

  • your doctor or local community health centre
  • a counsellor or psychologist
  • Parentline, Phone: 13 22 89
  • Kids Helpline, Phone: 1800 55 1800
  • NURSE-ON-CALL Phone: 1300 60 60 24 for expert health information and advice (24 hours, 7 days)
  • Australian Psychological Society Referral Service, Phone: 1800 333 497

Call 000 if you or someone you know is in immediate danger.

Bushfire Recovery VictoriaA new permanent and dedicated agency – Bushfire Recovery Victoria – will work directly with local communities impacted by our state’s devastating bushfires.